The Scandi – Pod
The small champion
composting capacity! !
- 1 – 2 people full-time use / 2 – 3 people part-time use
- 2 Large composting containers – 50 litre each capacity!
- Reduces waste by 70% -90%, leaving behind nutrient rich, hygienically safe compost for disposal
- 12V/3W low consumption fan and convenient drain system for any excess liquid
- Easily connects to mains power or optional solar pack (see our solar power kit bottom of page in the ‘shop’ section)
- Designed for easy installation using common handyman tools
- Scandinavian style, simple, minimalist but elegant design
- Create your own Scandinavian Eco Cottage Getaway with this elegant beauty!
- Perfect for tiny homes and slab buildings, as no underfloor space is required.
What is included: Comes with 2 composting containers and 1 lid as standard – plus 12V fan, 12V/240V transformer, vent cowl, excess liquids drainage pipe, all vent fittings (including moisture trap) & 2 Jute bin liners. Plus covering material, compost starter bacteria & manual.
Specifications: Dimensions 500mm(L) x 470mm(W) x 510mm(H)
The Scandi-Pod’s fan can be powered by mains electricity, or by connecting it to a 12V solar power source.
See our solar power system in the ‘shop’ section – bottom of page.
View our video about the Scandi-Pod above
The water-less Scandi-Pod compost toilet is a self-contained batch composting toilet system. A silent fan increases air-flow within the system and generates enhanced evaporation capacity. This establishes ideal conditions for efficient break-down of the contents and guarantees completely odour-free operation.
Hemp/peat/wood shavings are used to aid in this process and as a cover material to minimise visual/olfactory impact.
Featuring a Scandinavian style, simple, minimalist but elegant design, this small – but large capacity – Viking Eco-Warrior is a great addition to any domestic/beach/tiny home, country living etc. etc. situation. Simplicity of use makes the Scandi-Pod a great choice for any location.
The aerobic decomposition and evaporation functions reduce human waste to a hygienically-safe material that can be recycled back to nature without polluting the environment.
Equipped with a convenient drain tube, the Scandi-Pod drains off any excess liquid not evaporated to be dispersed via a gravel filled dispersal trench.
The bins are lined with compostable Jute mats – replacements are easily available from your local garden/hardware store.
The Scandi-Pod’s proven batch composting system combined with constant air circulation proves an excellent solution to almost any situation. A very appealing design and simplicity of use, makes the Scandi-Pod a great choice!
There are 2 x 50 litre large capacity bins included in the system. When one bin is full, simply remove, cap with the supplied lid and insert the next bin. Once the second bin is full, the first bin will have broken down into fertile humus. The second bin is then emptied out in a suitable place and the bin reinserted to be used again.
Additional bins are available to increase the capacity of the system.
The Scandi-Pod is easy to install by anyone with basic handyman knowledge in just a couple hours with common household tools.